Where are the Best Photography Spots In Brooklyn New York? When you hear New York City, you think of Manhattan, how could you not, it has the most recognizable places on the planet. However, Brooklyn is just across the East River and is just as cool. There is so much art, culture, beautiful buildings, and of course, the best photography spots in Brooklyn face the Manhattan skyline. Really when you think about it, you need to be in Brooklyn to photograph Manhattan.
When I am in New York, I spend a lot of time on this side of the river. I love shooting the Manhattan skyline from the Brooklyn side. After all the best photography spots in Brooklyn face Manhattan.
The gear we recommend is a good camera and the holy trinity. A wide-angle lens. 14-24mm or something similar. A 24-70mm or something similar and, of course, a 70-200mm or something similar.
If you do not have these particular lenses, do not worry; something similar will be just fine. It would be best if you also had a tripod.
Best Photography Spots In Brooklyn
1. Pier One Playground. The views from this place are epic. You have incredible views of Manhattan. Look at those reflections. Gear I for this location s a tripod and a wide-angle lens. The best time to shoot is at sunrise or at night.
2. The Brooklyn Bridge. What can I say, make sure you bring a wide-angle lens and a tripod. The best time to shoot is at night. Fewer people and more lights.
3. Brooklyn Bridge Lookout. This place has epic views of the entire Manhattan skyline. The best time to shoot is at sunset. Always bring a tripod and an array of lenses. I like my 14-24mm for this one. Below are 3 different angles.
4. Dumbo. This place is epic, there is always lots of people here so you have to get crafty with your shots. The best time to come is at sunset. 5. Main Street Park. This is the Manhattan Bridge shot from the main street park. The best time to shoot is at night. Bring a tripod and a wide.
6. The Old Bakery Building. This is the rooftop of the Old Bakery Building. You have epic 360 degrees views from there. I used my Nikon 70-200. The two photos below are shot with the same lens looking in different directions.
7. Old Pier One. This is a great spot to shoot at sunset. Its located south of Brooklyn Bridge Park. Tripod and a wide are a must. 8. The River Cafe. I love this place, they have good food too. Bring a tripod and come at night, you will love it.
9. Empire Fulton Ferry State Park. This park is massive with lots of things to shoot. Bring your “A” game and get ready to shoot. Below are 2 different images of this epic park.
10. Jane’s Carousel. This carousel looks so cool with the buildings in the background. However, I oped to do a bit of street photography here. If you are patient enough you can catch the perfect moment.
These are the Best Photography Spots in Brooklyn New York City
If you enjoyed the list, please leave a comment below and share it with your friends. Don’t forget to check out the New York City Gide. Please remember to check back as we are continually updating our guides.